These are the current members of the TBSC committee and the duties they hold.
If you're not sure who you need to talk to, then use the Contact Us Form and someone will get back to you.
- Executive responsibility for strategic direction of the club.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the club is run on behalf of and for the benefit of its current and future members.
- Works with the General Committee, the members and external organisations to create and maintain a thriving, forward thinking club with a level of participative membership that ensures the clubs long-term future.
- Sets the annual ‘agenda’ for the Committee having regard to the views of members.
- Creates a framework in which the Committee can prioritise and as far as practicable achieve its principal goals.
- Oversees the production of the annual sailing, training and social calendars
- Responsible for managing the club communications plan, its website and the closed and open facebook pages
- Deputise for the Commodore in their absence.
- Member of Sailing Committee as representative of Club Flag Officers.
- Responsible for managing the Alex Holliday fund
- Manages club house bookings for memebrs
- Main point of contact for Club correspondence from outside agencies and Club Trustees.
- Custodian of all (non financial) Club documents.
- Contributes to and circulates agenda and sends out notices for all General Committee Meetings, EGMs and the AGM.
- Takes minutes of Committee meetings, EGMs and the AGM and distributes as required.
- Ensures that any disciplinary processes are conducted within the Club’s rules.
- Commissions updates to the Club Constitution and procedures for Committee approval.
- Responsible for Club finances, settlement of accounts and for keeping the Committee informed of the Club’s finances.
- Produces the audited annual accounts at the AGM.
- Management of DutyMan
- Responsible for management of boat parking, including allocation of spaces, and maintenance of the launching ramp and areas used for parking members’ and club boats.
- Responsible for managing house improvement works
- Responsible for house security
Sailing Secretary and Dinghy Rep
- Managing the Sailing Calendar, Duty Man and Race results
- Registration of club for special events such as Open events, Open Days and Barts Bash
- Member of the committee representing the Monohull class
- Chairs the sailing committee
- Leads the 8 -16 year old Cadet Club
House Manager and Social Secretary
- Managing the bar and galley, purchasing and maintaining bar and galley stocks, and accounting to the Honorary Treasurer for expenditure.
- Collection and delivery of bar takings and other monies to Honorary Treasurer for banking.
- Organising the annual Prize-giving and Laying Up Supper
- Organsing the clubs social calendar and supporting club social events
- Overall management of club merchandise
Assistant Social Secretary
- Assist in organising and overseeing the annual Prize-giving and Laying-up Supper.
- Assist in organising planned and ad-hoc social events such as live music, Fun Days, social evenings, and quiz nights with the purpose of providing social stimulus, an inclusive atmosphere, and generating income for the club.
- Assist the Committee by supporting club events such as ‘Push the Boat Out’, ‘Bart’s Bash’, and club Taster Days.
- Member of the Sailing Committee representing the club multi-hull classes.
- Along with the Commodore and Monohull rep, is a member of the sailing committee and manages the racing results
- Oversees youth and cadet development
- Supports all sailing, training and social activities that promote youth and cadet involvement
Assistant Sailing Secretary
- Deputises for the sailing secretary
- Supports the creation and management of the sailing calendar
- Supports the management of Duty Man and Race results
- Supports special race days including open events, open days and barts bash for example
- Manage membership database
- Manage annual renewal and new memberships
- Arrange meeting new potential members
- Manage boat stickers and door keys for members